RONALD M GONZALES
SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND
- Freelancer and CAD Service Provider & Contractor
- Two year product R&D, D&D and Manufacturing work Experience (as Factory Engineer) in Malaysia.
- Ten year progressive experience in Japanese precision product manufacturing environment.
- Two and a half year combined tool & die design and manufacturing training (CAD/CAM) and work experience in Japan.
- ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Certified Internal Auditor.
November 2011 to present (Smarttcadd)
Have established and run SMARTTCADD, an Engineering Computer Aided Design and Drafting Provider/Contractor for Oil & Gas and AEC Industries.
November 2005 – November 2007 (MSM Manila, Inc.)
One of the five trainees chosen to undergo a two year comprehensive training on the design, fabrication and production of precision sheet metal stamping mold in Mitsubishi Steels Manufacturing in Japan under Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS).
March 2002 to September 2002 (Nissin Precision Philippines, Corporation)
One of the five pioneers who have been chosen among the 250 aspiring applicants to be trained in design, fabrication and production of precision sheet metal stamping mold in Japan for Nissin Precision Machines’ technology transfer project in the Philippines.
September 2001 to December 2001 (Epson Precision Philippines, Inc.)
Awarded a Certificate of Recognition and Bronze Medal by Seiko Epson Group for winning the 3rd Place (95%) on the 28th Japan & South-East Asia – Seiko Epson Group Technical Skills Competition – Machinery Production Work: Conventional Machining (Hand finishing and use of Conventional Bench Drilling, Lathe Turning, Vertical Milling and Surface Grinding machines)
Company Name: TVSMor Drafting Services Ltd.
Title: Project Manager – Nov, 2011 to Present
Industry: Engineering Computer Aided Design and Drafting Services
Company Name: Weida Integrated Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Title: Factory Engineer – January 4, 2010 up to November 23, 2011
Industry: Manufacturer of HDPE Engineering Products (Plastic Rotomolding)
Duties/Responsibilities: Industrial Product Design/Research & Development Engineer
- Responsible for new product design and existing product continual innovation.
- Perform activities for the design, development, characterization, and implementation of new product and processes into production.
- Evaluates design feasibility by performing product 3D modeling, drafting, assembly analysis and FEA, evaluate results and recommends modification that will optimize process, enhance yield and reduce cost.
- Review product requirements and ensure conformity with the required standards and compatibility with processing methods.
- Prepare report proposal with visual presentation and technical information for new product design and innovation.
- Meets with R&D Team for new product design and development, existing product innovation and improvement concepts.
- Supports sales and marketing personnel in the preparation of product design and assembly drawings for client’s approval prior to fabrication.
- Provide technical assistance concerning product and mould drawing related requests for Weida Regional branches as needs arise.
Company Name: MSM Manila Incorporated (Mitsubishi Steel Manufacturing)
Title: Design Engineer – August 16, 2005 to December 23, 2009
Industry: Die & mold design, fabrication and sheet metal press stamping production.
Duties/Responsibilities: Die & Mold Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities as Design Leader
- Supervises and assist entire Die & Mold Fabrication Division (DMFD) operation.
- Supervises productivity behavior and activity of all DMFD personnel.
- Ensure that all design specification and product quality are within customer’s requirement.
- Conceptualize new ideas for process improvement.
- Determines manpower requirement and establish standard guidelines and procedures for the operation.
- Responsible for the provision and updating of all relevant die & mold and other drawing and specification.
- Create cost conscious environment and implement cost reduction without sacrificing the quality of the product.
- Implements the Company Rules and Regulation and initiates the 5S’ activities.
- Conducts regular production meeting to discuss quality problems, monthly target, etc.
- Orients and trains the newly hired and transferred staff/inspectors/operators.
- Support the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Policy and program of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities as Die & Mold Engineer
- Responsible in designing new die and mold (using software such as AutoCAD, Excess Evolution, CADPAC Creator and Solidworks).
- Check and ensure that all fabricated die and mold parts are on the specified limit using various type of measuring equipment.
- Responsible for the improvement of die and mold design and repair techniques to obtain optimum product quality at shortest time possible.
- Responsible for the provision and updating of all relevant die and mold and other drawing specification.
- Perform the activities of tool maker such as CNC machining, parts fabrication, die and mold assembly and repair as necessary to ensure that all critical design parameters and specification are met and maintained.
- Special Duty: Basic Japanese Language Course Trainer and ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor.
Company Name: Nissin Precision Philippines Corporation
Title: Senior Engineer – March 1, 2002 to August 13, 2005
Industry: Tool & die design, fabrication and precision sheet metal press stamping production.
Duties/Responsibilities: Tool & Die Department Head
Duties and Responsibilities as Senior Engineer
- Lead a team of Technical, Design and Production staff in achieving company set goals and department targets.
- Communicate with the customer overseas, local and in-house for the acceptance of new project, check for machining process and make cost computation base on standard machining time.
- Prepare daily monitoring, production schedule, quotation for customer and sales report of the department.
- Monitor and control production flow and coordinate Production Engineers to ensure work is carried out efficiently to meet quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Responsible in determining equipment capacity and condition of work-in-process and executes production schedule as required.
- Prepare procedures and work instructions for processes involving equipment preventive maintenance and die/mold parts production process flow.
- Provide product and operational training for Technical and Production Staff to upgrade and maximize their effectiveness.
- Organize and provide preventive maintenance specification for equipment to meet ISO 9000 requirements.
- Prepare CAD drawings using Nissin CAD/CAM, Solidworks, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities as Production Engineer (prior to promotion as Senior Engineer)
- Check the daily production status and all set activities for each section to meet the required deadlines.
- Monitor and report result/daily output to the Plant Manager.
- Contribute to line and process improvement, both quality and productivity.
- Provide product orientation and quality training to the newly hired employees.
- Monitor and assess Technicians and Operators’ performance and conduct cross training to enhance their skills.
- Establish and implement Corrective and Preventive Action Report for internal and external customers.
- Oversee and correct the work of production staff and make sure that the line is functioning at its optimum capacity.
- Handle machining equipment and CNC programming for fabrication of die/mold parts.
- Special Duty: ISO 9001 IQA and production process and fabrication trainer.
Company Name: Epson Precision Philippines Incorporated
Title: Production Staff Engineer – June 8, 2000 to February 28, 2002
Industry: Precision die & mold fabrication, injection molding and metal
stamping parts production.
Duties / Responsibilities :
- Maintain and ensure the quality of injection molding parts produced and repair, fabricate parts of die and mold.
- Conduct periodic maintenance, daily checking of die and mold, and operation of precision metal fabrication equipment and measuring instrument.
- Promote 5’S, kaizen (improvement) program.
- Prepare Work Standard concerning the die and mold.
- Special Duty: Assigned as Company Trainer for Machine Tool Training Program and train staff on machine basic, maintenance, assembly, operation and safety.
Company Name: Batangas II Electric Cooperative Incorporated
Title: Trainee (On-the-job Training) – April 19, 1999 to June 11, 1999
Industry: Electric Utility Company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calibrate and install kWh-meter, install distribution transformer and lightning arresters. Install electric service (Commercial and Residential).
- Monitor distribution transformer (oil level, temperature, etc.) and troubleshoot electrical system installation & maintain electrical distribution system within a community.
- Basic Fire Safety & Fire Fighting – May 30 & 31, 2009 Philippines
- ISO 14001:2004 Awareness and IQA Course – May 9 &16, 2009 Philippines
- Effective Auditing of OHSAS 18001 – Sept. 13, 14 & 20, 2008 Philippines
- Effective Auditing of ISO 9001 QMS – April 26 to 27, 2008 Philippines
- Die and Mold Design – January 12, 2006 to November 23, 2007 Japan
- Basic Japanese Language Course II – Nov. 28, 2005 to Dec. 9, 2006 Japan
- Basic Japanese Language Course I – Dec. 12, 2005 to Jan.10, 2006 Japan
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis – March 12, 2005 Philippines
- IQA Course – ISO 9001:2000 Standard – February 16 to 18, 2005 Philippines
- Trainer and TNA Training Course – December 6 to 7, 2004 Philippines
- Tool & Die Design and Manufacturing – Mar. 10, 2005 to Sept. 5, 2002 Japan
- ISO 9001:2008 Transition Awareness Course – April 18, 2009 Philippines
- Statistical Technique – December 11, 2004 Philippines
- Understanding ISO 9001:2000 – November 16, 2004 Philippines
- Internal Quality Audit – May 29, 2004 Philippines
- Fire Fighting Course – May 8, 2004 Philippines
- Factors Affecting Tool Life in Cold Work Application – February 13, 2004 Philippines
- Tool Steel Selection, Machining and Heat Treatment – August 28, 2003 Philippines
Graduate School: De La Salle, Lipa
Degree: Master in Management Technology (2013 – 2015)
Technical School: The Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship – JAPAN (2005 – 2007)
Course: Press Stamping Mould Design (with actual Fabrication and Mass Production)
Tertiary: Batangas State University (formerly Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology – PBMIT)
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (1995 – 2000)
Secondary: Baco Catholic High School (1991 – 1995)
Elementary: Benito R. Villar Elementary School (1985 – 1991)
Birth Date: August 20, 1978
Language: English, Filipino (Tagalog) and basic Japanese (JLPT – Level 3 Certified)
Name: Edelbrando Aguisanda, MMT
Company: Manager – T & F Line Sustaining, ST Microelectronics, Calamba, Laguna
Telephone No.: (+63) 908 874 2756
Name: Mariko Manalo, CPA
Company: Chief Accountant, Summit Point Golf & Residential Estates, Lipa, Batangas
Telephone No.: (+63) 917 509 8718
Name: Professor Sanny Leviste
Company: De La Salle, Lipa (Fundamentals of Management Professor)
Telephone No.: (+63) 919-979-0799
Name: Wong Chee Kien (Engineering Manager)
Company: Weida Integrated Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Telephone No.: (+60) 12-389 9017
Name: Alexander Franco (Design Engineer)
Company: Weida Integrated Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Telephone No.: (+60) 16-886 9022
Name: Michael Marundan (Die & Mould Designer)
Company: MSM Manila, Inc.
Telephone No.: (+63) 916-372 6881
Name: Engr. Marcelo Jonson (Lean Manager)
Company: Nestle Philippines, Inc.
Telephone No.: (+63) 920-905 0264